Feb 28, 2010

Today was a Good Day


Fairfax Buddy Ride
. Today marked what was actually the first true training ride of my cycling season. It was the first ride I've had in a while where I actually felt good... and dare I say a little strong. This was by no means a tough ride- an out and back from Sausalito to Fairfax, at a moderate pace. 

But I have had the most evil of cold viruses for about one month. It's pretty much out of my system at this point, but what a toll illness can take on your endurance! Last week, by comparison, I had a 20 mile ride in Danville, and I was so weak I thought I was going to throw up about halfway through. The only reason I made it back was because the last 7 miles were mostly downhill.

Today was a perfect combination of a favorite route, fair weather, and renewed health. Photos to document the day (yes there was riding involved, too):

Fairfax Coffee Roastery


Salsalito Taco Shop


No comments:

Post a Comment