Mar 21, 2010

Team Spirit

Yesterday was team ride #4, out of Point Reyes. It's a beautiful ride, starting from the Bear Valley Visitor center. We got views of Tomales Bay and a few glimpes of the ocean, as we passed through Inverness, Abbotts Lagoon, Point Reyes Station, Nicasio, and Olema for a total of 40 miles. The route features two significant climbs at the beginning and end, and plenty of rolling terrain and windy flats. It was challenging, and gave us an opportunity to paceline.

What was significant about this ride was that our team finally gelled. A couple people moved to other groups, and we got two new people in ours. We were all similarly paced and stayed together, which is a good feeling.

I also felt even stronger on this ride than I did last week at Paradise Loop. I credit good health and that midweek training! I felt like I was channeling my old cycle self, charging up hills and feeling like I could go another 10 miles at the ride end. Now if only I could lose some weight, things would really pick up... I'll get there...

My Team (with a sliver of ocean in the background)


In action-leaving Abbott's Lagoon



No comments:

Post a Comment